Assets of OscaR for hybridization
OscaR is a Scala
toolkit for solving analytics and optimization problems on the JVM.
With OscaR one can easily create high level models combining any of the following tools:
- oscar-cp: Constraint Programming
- oscar-cbls: Constrained Based Local Search
- oscar-linprog: Linear (Integer) Programming
- oscar-des: Discrete Event Simulation
- oscar-dfo: Derivative Free Optimization
- oscar-visu: Visualization
Story of OscaR
- 2010-2012: Scampi, a tool containing a CP solver, LP wrappers and a Discrete Event Simulation framework was developped by Pierre Schaus.
- 2010-2012: Asteroid, a constrained based local search solver was developped by Renaud Delandsheer.
- 2011: Cyrille Dejemeppe created the Derivative free solver during an internship at n-Side (under Pierre Schaus' supervision).
- January 2012: Scampi and Asteroid were merged to create OscaR, an open-source (LGPL) project.
- March 2014: First stable release 1.0.0.
- Since then one release every 6 months